Get help from a migration agent

Posted on: 6 October 2015

If you want to live in Australia, you must know all requirements. In this case, you are going to need a migration agent. They are professionals who can give you needed information. All you need to do is to hire a migration agent.

What is the job of migration agents?

Migration agents must be registered with the OMARA (Office of the Migration Agents Registration Authority). You should hire only a migration agent that is registered. He or she will help you by providing you the information about the visa requirements, help you with the visa application and represent you at the migration department. Due to the fact they are professionals, applying for a visa and getting it is much easier than doing this by yourself.

 Your obligations

When you use a registered migration agent, you must use the true personal information. This means that all documents must be valid and genuine. In a case you use false or forged documents, your visa will be cancelled. Remember that you must obey the law. If you break it, you can lose a visa.

Why using a migration agent is recommended?

Migration agents have experience and they know the law of the country. This means that your visa application is going to be processed by the law and there will be no mistakes. It is a much better and faster alternative than to do this by yourself. Also, for some, the application process may be complicated. In this case, you are going to need help. If you work with a migration agent, you will understand the procedure completely.

You can use a migration agent who operates outside Australia

Some migration agents are registered with the OMARA (Office of the Migration Agents Registration Authority) and operate outside Australia. They are also available and you can use them. They offer the same services and they have the same qualifications as migration agents in Australia.

How much this will cost me?

If you use migration agent services, you will have to pay for them. The price depends on the type of visa you want and the type of services a migration agent provided to you. In general, temporary residence for a single person will cost you $800 and for a family $1,000.

Using a migration agent will save you time and your expenses will be lower than in a case you are trying to get a visa by yourself. Also, you won't waste time on searching information and advice.